Friday, May 15, 2009

Batman ROCKS

Ok, so I'm a little behind in the movie scene, but Dennis and I just watched The Dark Night and I loved it.
I honestly have a hard time sitting through movies, especially ones that are longer than 2 hours (as The Dark Night was) but I knew I would make it though because...well...it's BATMAN! I grew up loving Batman; I read the comic books and I've seen every Batman movie. It was all I expected and am not sorry I spent the $6 to watch in on HD On Demand. LOL

EATS

My lunch was very light but it filled me up for most of the day. The asparagus actually made me very bloated and uncomfortable...which has been a major problem for me. This happens every time I eat veggies unless I down half a bottle of Beano before I eat. This can get expensive to treat so it's either I suffer or I skip out. So far I've been choosing to suffer but it's been a really tough choice that I don't know how long I can continue

For a mid-day snack I had 1/2 TJ's plain organic greek yogurt with 1/4 cup granola, 1/4 cup Newman's Own Honey Flax cereal, 2 strawberries and 1/2 banana




And some crackers with peppermint tea because some stomach was bothering me.

A few hours after the tea and crackers I felt better and my hunger started to kick in...and I won't lie, my dinner was awesome.
I used the linguini from last night



And added:

  • One shallot
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • two large handfuls spinach
  • A little bit of olive oil
  • A handful of pearl tomatoes, halved
I sauteed the veggies like so:



And Viola! Dinner is served!



After I plated the meal I realized there wasn't a lot of substance to it so I added 1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese. It was SO GOOD! ( I made sure to down about half a bottle of Beano before I ate this. It worked)

I ate the whole plate and was still a little hungry but I had one more piece of leftover birthday cake so I happily ate that for dessert.

But even after the cake I was still a little hungry. I waited until we were half way through The Dark Night (about 3 hours after dinner) and I made my new favorite snack of raw almond butter and banana sammie (one small banana sliced in half with 1 tbsp raw almond butter in between-no bread)
And a 100 calorie pack of honey graham crackers. That seemed to do the trick.

I did not work out today. I thought long and hard about my run yesterday and realized that I'm trying too hard and forgetting about the fun in running...again. Yes I want to do my best when I run my races, yes I want to increase my speed and strength. But in the end, I want to feel good when I'm done working out, not pissed off that I didn't do as "well" as I thought I should have. I know when it's all said and done that I will finish my run...so why beat myself up for finishing a few minutes slower than I wanted? Who is that hurting?

On that note, I'm heading to bed. It's the weekend and I have a big day planned tomorrow.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment