Friday, May 22, 2009

The summer kick-off weekend begins

Memorial Day weekend...the start of the summer...barbecues, pool parties, and just being outside. That's what it's ALL about!

My day began with the opening of the windows (which the kitties love) and something slightly different for breakfast.

Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel french toast.




What I used:

  • 1/4 egg whites
  • Splash of vanilla soy milk
  • Splash of vanilla
  • 2 slices bread
That's it! I let the bread soak in the mixture, heated and sprayed a pan, and viola!

I served them with a side of 1/2 banana and 1 tbsp crunchy PB and 1 tbsp Chobani vanilla.

I got really full from this breakfast!

At around 12:30 I made a salad:



And had a side of three Ak-Mak whole wheat sesame crackers with Trader Joe's garlic hummus:





I just found these guys at Trader Joe's. They were really good! Check out their website for their nutritional info. They were really good! Very low fat, high protein...yum!

What sucks about being in Boston this weekend is that my friends are all out of town. Which means we don't have much planned. I didn't want to drive back to NY because the traffic will be horrible, so we're just planning on laying low. Maybe I can get some reading done this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment