Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A day behind

I know I owe you a day’s worth of stuff. After Monday’s post I got hit with a very strong feeling of nausea and spent all day yesterday not feeling so hot. I ate crackers, toast, and white rice all day and about 10 cups of peppermint tea. I wasn’t up to taking pictures or even looking at the computer so I took the day off.

This morning I woke up feeling much better and set out for a 3 mile run at 6:15 a.m. I still was not feeling 100% so I started out slow and ran the first mile and a half at a 10 minute mile pace. When I turned around to come back home I flew! I ended up running 3 miles in 27 minutes after running the first mile and a half in just over 15. I guess all I needed was a good warm-up!
A friend of mine yelled at me for running this morning, knowing how sick I was the day before. I started out very slow and told myself that if I start feeling sick or uncomfortable during the run I would slow down and walk if I had to. I really wanted to get out there and run this morning because it always makes me feel better to get up and go first thing, and also because I have a race coming up and I need to be sure I don’t get too far off schedule. It’s in less than four weeks! Sometimes I need to get up and push myself a little bit and once I’m out there doing it, I feel so much better. Again—I don’t recommend working out if you’re sick. I know myself, and I knew I was feeling well enough this morning to make the attempt.

I also took the time today to go back and read some past posts and noticed I’ve been sick a lot lately. I’m not sure if it’s stress or just my body trying to get used to a new way of eating (I added a lot more green things such as Green Monsters and TONS of fiber to my diet in the last two or three months) but something needs to give here!

I didn’t want to overdo it with food today since I was so sick yesterday so I made myself a nice lunch that I was able to nibble on all day.

In a plastic container I combined:

  • 1 cup of white rice leftover from Monday’s dinner
  • 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
  • 1 cup chopped asparagus
  • 1 whole tomato
  • Garlic powder
  • Drizzle of olive oil

IMG_2077

It took me about three hours to eat all of this. I started with a few bites at 11, came back from a meeting and ate half at noon, and then finished the other half off at around 2.
As snacks I had one apple, a handful of honey wheat pretzels, and a 100 calorie pack. 

IMG_2079

Dennis made his famous fajitas for dinner and let me know that he was nice enough to think of me at the store by buying me whole wheat wraps. How kind :)

IMG_2081

I had one fajita with chicken, red peppers, onions, a dab of sour cream and some Green Mountain all natural salsa. Yum.

After dinner I was craving chocolate, so I had one of my favorites: No Pudge fat free brownie sundae.

 IMG_2083  IMG_2085

IMG_2086

I make one single serving of brownie by mixing 2 tbsp. mix with 1 tbsp. non-fat yogurt and put in the microwave for a minute. Then I top it with about a 1/2 cup (one serving size) of the Double Churn ice cream and one big spoonful of Cool Whip Lite. Yum!!

Now I have to get myself ready for tomorrow. It never ends!

FAT TALK

Caitlin wrote a post today reminding everyone how bad Fat Talk is for the body, mind, and soul. She is continuing her quest by starting what she has deemed, Operation Beauty. Read about how she’s working to use random acts of kindness help women learn to feel good about themselves just the way they are.

This topic has made me think A LOT about the way I look at myself. I have found that since I initially read her first Fat Talk post, I have been a lot better at catching myself before those nasty words come to my lips. I know I am not fat, so I should be sure not to let myself think that way. It’s actually been working, and I feel better about myself physically and mentally than I have….well, ever.

One of the reasons why I’m glad she keeps bringing it up is because I think people need to be reminded of these things. We need to be positive not just for ourselves, but  for the children in the world. There are more obese children now then EVER and we need to instill them with values, educate them on balanced eating, and feed them a positive attitude. The earlier we can get to them the better!!

OK off my soapbox. Caitlin’s post got my super hyped up and I wanted to help her pass the word along that the Fat Talk needs to end. NOW! (thanks Caitlin)

Night ya’ll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment