Sunday, June 14, 2009

Great run

For all who are faithfully reading this, I wrote a post two weeks back about my run at Breakheart Reservation. I need to run hills to prepare for my 15K since it’s a pretty hilly course and that was my first time attempting some real (and I mean real) hills. I ran about 6 miles in just over an hour (1 hour 47 minutes to be exact) and I was just beat from those hills.
Well today, I decided I was going to tackle those hills again.
This time I ran both the outer loops, around the parking lot twice, and parked at the bottom of the hill. It breaks down to this:

Bottom of the hill to top entrance of Breakheart = .5 miles
Around the parking lot = .3 miles
Outer loop of Breakheart = 2.9 miles

I ran the outer loop twice, around the parking lot twice, up the hill to get to the trail and back down to get to my car. This equals 7.4 miles. I ran this in 73 minutes and 32 seconds.

I initially thought I ran 7.8 miles but when I recalculated the distance from the parking lot to the entrance I realized I was wrong. I was really excited about my time but I was off, but I'm still happy that I beat my time (per mile--I broke the 10 minute mile mark for a pace of 9:56) from the last time I ran it (about 10:17) and I felt good the entire time. So i can't complain that I knocked off 39 seconds per mile off my last run AND I ran almost a mile and a half longer.

Pre run fuel consisted of an oatmeal pancake with PB and Greek yogurt and banana, per usual

IMG_1986 IMG_1987

And some coffee.
The only thing that worries me is that it was cool today and I run SO MUCH BETTER in cooler weather. I have a feeling when this race comes the normal summer weather will keep me from running as fast as I did today. But I’ll have to prepare myself for that.

Post fuel run = the best green monster I’ve made yet.

IMG_1991

  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1 tbsp flax seeds
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • two handfuls of spinach

I love the taste the flax gives it. This hit the spot for me…as you can see…

IMG_1995

So today Dennis and I are going to see the Boston Breakers play at Harvard Stadium. I’m SO excited!! The game is at 6 and it’s supposed to be raining but the weather channel says it should clear up by around 7…so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we don’t get rained on the entire time. I’m so excited to go!!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment