Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trying to push it

Good morning ya’ll. It was another early morning for me today, although my workout didn’t exactly go as planned.
Dennis has an interview this morning in the Raleigh-Durham area and was supposed to fly out last night, but his flight was cancelled (no idea why) and rescheduled for 7 a.m. today. SooOooooO, I got up at 5 and dropped him off at the airport at around 5:45 (luckily we live 5 miles away) and went straight to the gym…got there at around 6. I was envisioning a nice, brisk walk on the Treadclimber since we were up kind of late last night and I was only running on about 6 hours sleep. However, I forgot that there’s only one that works right now, and of course, it was taken. Refusing to get on the elliptical (God knows why, I was being stubborn I guess) I tried this treadmill that looks like it’s made for trail walking/running. It has a much harder/thicker/rougher surface than the treadmill and it’s wider. So I jumped on and ran some hills.
This machine KICKED MY ASS. I had the incline at 3.0 and I started running sprints, moving up from a slow jog (6.0) to a minute “sprint” at 7.0 for 30 seconds, then 7.5 for another 30 seconds. This only lasted about 10 minutes. In total, I ran 2.0 miles in 19:30 minutes and was so wiped that I barely was able to walk for another 5 minutes for a cool down. I then did some ab work and lifting on the balance ball (I love those things!)

I really need to have some patience with myself and realize that I’m never going to be speed racer. I’m not fast, I’ve never been fast, and I really don’t know that I ever will be. I’ve been training for the past 10 weeks or so much harder than normal and I’m still only running my long runs at around a 10 minute mile. So instead of getting down on myself, I’ll just be grateful that I have the ability to run. I hate being so competitive sometimes!
Before I took Dennis to the airport I had a cup of Green Monster:

  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 tbsp flax
  • 1/2 cup Almond Breeze
  • a handful and a half of spinach

It was very thick..I need to use less spinach.
After the gym: overnight oats with:

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup 0% Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 vanilla soy milk
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tbsp PB

No time to upload pics, sorry!! I’ll be back later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment