Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dream Big

This economy has really put a damper on things in my household, but as usual, I’ve done my best to be as positive as possible. I mean seriously, there’s no use in being negative.
Now I’m by no means Sally Sunshine all day every day, but we’ve had a hell of a year and the way I see it, we’re alive and healthy. So what if we’re poor?

OK we’re not exactly POOR…but the word budget has much more of a meaning than ever before. I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir—bear with me. There’s a meaning behind this.

If you had to start over in a new city, where would it be? I mean, realistically. If you had no job, no mortgage, no kids to worry about (even though kids are portable too) … are you with me? Where would you go?

I have always loved the desert. When I was a senior in HS I looked at going to the University of Arizona because my aunt (and Godmother) was a professor there and could have gotten me free tuition.
Now I’m sure you’re thinking…Where did you go to school?

NOT the University of Arizona.

WHY?

My family wouldn’t let me. There was no way they were letting me go to school across the country and leave my mom alone….aahhhh OK. I get it. So being the youngest, I had to stay closer to home. Plus my family didn’t believe I was mature enough to go. OK, now that might have been so…but really, who’s THAT mature at 18? I think I would have been fine, but hindsight is always 20/20.

That being said, I’ve always has this burning desire to move to the desert since that was taken away from me when I had the chance at 18. Things have kept me from being able to move there since (school, work, boyfriend, etc.) but since this economy has wreaked havoc on our future, I’ve gotten Dennis to consider the desert.

Not that he’d agree with my idea of “packing everything up that we can in my car and his jeep, giving the cats some natural ‘chill out pills’ courtesy of my good friend Elizabeth, and driving out west to stay temporarily with my aunt (who says she would gladly have us.) That’s just too risky.

But isn’t life all about risks??

OK back to reality. But the answer to my own question is that I would love to move to Phoenix. From there I’d like to try Lake Tahoe (man I hear it’s gorgeous there) and maybe Huntington Beach CA (I have a friend from there too.) I also wouldn’t mind giving SanFran a try (I left my heart in….I’ll spare it) and I’ve always wanted to check out Mountain View.

Maybe it’s because I’ve lived on the east coast my entire life and I H.A.T.E humid weather, but if I had the chance right now, I’d be heading west in a heartbeat.

To all you guys out there reading this out west (and you know who you are) don’t be surprised if I show up on your doorstep. SURPRISE!!! ;)

Oh and here was something for dinner tonight after my 30 minute elliptical/20 minute upper body workout on the balance ball. (Stupid injury)

IMG_2408
A baked chicken breast chopped up with avocado wrapped in lettuce. Polly, have I thanked you enough for this yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment