Sunday, July 26, 2009

It’s all about trying new things

I had a very HEAB/Polly-esque dinner last night. Something that I would never have tried had I not read their blogs.

IMG_2396
And it was damn good.
When Dennis and I decided to do our own thing for dinner (sometimes we just can’t agree) I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try Polly’s chicken wrap. I bought some Boston lettuce and put it to good use. All I have to say Polly is: What took me so long???
IMG_2393
I took a small chicken breast and seasoned it lightly with salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of garlic. I sliced it up and placed two small pieces each into a piece of lettuce, and then topped it with chunky Teddie (PB)
I know HEAB and Polly use almond butter but I honestly prefer PB.

IMG_2394 IMG_2395
On the side I had some baked acorn squash with PB (this idea came from HEAB) and fresh asparagus (lightly cooked for extra crunch)
And I was seriously drooling while I ate it was so good. Seriously.

IMG_2391
I would like to thank Polly and HEAB and all the other food bloggers out there who have seriously helped change my life. (Caitlin!!)All of you guys have put yourselves out there and have helped me to see different ways of eating and living healthy, and thank GOD none of these things include anything fake. You all ROCK. I seriously have never felt better.

I would never have even begun to think of putting these combinations together for a meal. PB on veggies? On chicken??? But my oh my did I really enjoy this dinner. I will admit though, as good as this was, I felt like I was missing something after I was done. I ate this entire plate and although I was full, I was still craving something else. I estimated that this dinner had around 500 calories, more or less. I waited three hours and decided I wanted ice cream. BUT we had a party going on on our street and there were cars everywhere, so after I got Dennis’ hopes up for a trip to our favorite homemade ice cream shop, we decided to save our parking spot. It’s OK, Nutella on a low-fat graham cracker with some Chobani on top did the trick :) Sorry, I ate it too fast for a picture. It actually tastes like a S’more….that’s why I like it so much. I call it my “healthy” S’more because it has much less fat and less sugar than a regular S’more. Hey, every little bit counts right? ;)

Shortly after my upstairs neighbor called and asked if I would join her for a drink on her roof deck. It was such a nice night and I haven’t hung out with her in a while so I headed up with one of my favorite beers: Young’s Double Chocolate Stout. It’s summer but I love me some dark beer. This stuff is SOOO good!!

IMG_2401
She called just as I was finishing up my “healthy S’more” so the chocolate was still on my taste buds. This was the perfect supplement.

Also…I went to the gym yesterday.
I know, I know…bad Nicole with her bad foot. But I was good! I allowed myself to do 15 minutes on the elliptical just to get my heart rate up. My plan was 15 on the elliptical, lift for 15, and then end with another 15 on the elliptical. I thought if I broke it up it would give my foot a rest and also be a nice change of pace for my workouts. However, 15 minutes was enough. I did a nice weight routine on the balance ball so I could keep the pressure off my foot, and when I stood up to put the weights back I felt it tweak my foot a little. Sooo I decided to skip the last 15 min cardio session and call it a day. I would say that was pretty smart of me since I’ve been known to push my limits all too often.
My foot feels OK today…meaning it doesn’t hurt any more than it did before I went to the gym. So that’s a good thing!

I plan to spend my Sunday cleaning up the apt and packing. We’re moving out in a month so we have to start getting things under control around here. We’re really bummed, we don’t want to leave, but this year has been full of things that have been far beyond our control so what’s another thing to add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment