Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New treats!

Rain again. This seems to be a trend.

Aside from spending half of my day being completely soaked (umbrellas don’t seem to work anymore) I had the idea to try some amazing yoga from Polly, some butternut squash and almond butter from HEAB, and some homemade pizza with asparagus to get my greens in. And did I mention an awesome burrito from Boloco?

Well, there aren’t any pictures of the burrito but it was a small, whole wheat Summer Burrito with brown rice, mango salsa, black beans, and fresh guac. Hells yeah this was amazing. And then my co-worker Amanda and I took a 2 mile walk around the River Charles. We somehow managed to beat the rain and it was definitely well worth the chance.

I realized I didn’t have any greens with my oats for breakfast and burrito for lunch, but I had to eat my homemade pizza (I hate to waste food) leftovers from last night. So I just cooked up some asparagus. Yum.

IMG_2215

I know, not nearly enough greens…but I don’t have any more arugula and since I’m going home for my RACE (!!!) this weekend I don’t want to buy anything more. After this I had some fruit and yogurt.

Then Dennis and I took a trip over to Market Basket, a local grocery store that just re-opened in Chelsea with a fantabulous super store…and let me tell you, this place is awesome! It has a cafe and sushi bar and places to sit and eat with flat screen TVs….we were so excited about their produce selection and just how big it was. I bought a box of Weetabix since I’ve heard so much about it. I also was excited to discover that my favorite local peanut butter has gone organic!!

IMG_2216 IMG_2217

Didn’t I just say I was going home for the weekend so I didn’t want to buy any more food? Well good thing this stuff travels well because I’m packing it with me.

When we came back from Market Basket I turned on Polly’s yoga session. Since I don’t want to do too much before my race, I decided to do two of her ab sessions. She rocks!
Then for a snack I had some butternut squash with AB.

IMG_2211

I can’t believe how good this was! I was very pleasantly surprised.

About 2 years ago I met with the owner of the Green Street Natural Foods store in Melrose MA. She told me that eating protein with carbs is bad for the body’s digestive system. She said it’s OK to eat rice and beans but not rice and chicken. Now, despite the fact that Puerto Ricans LOVE some arroz con pollo, the first question I asked was, “Well what am I going to eat my peanut butter on?” (she said I could eat rice and beans, that’s enough for me) and she smiled and said, “Celery for starters!”
Of course I thought that was preposterous! PB on bread is bad?? No way!! But after seeing how Heather puts almond butter on virtually everything (including squash) that I’d give it a try. It’s really yum. I already cooked up a sweet potato with plans on slathering that with AB for lunch tomorrow. AND I’m making some Green egg salad for tomorrow’s breakfast! You ladies rock.

Tomorrow’s already Thursday!! Wow my 15K is coming up really sooooon…..

No comments:

Post a Comment