Monday, August 17, 2009

100!!!

Thanks to Jessica for noticing that this is my 100th post!! Woo Hoo!!
I’ll keep it a simple one.
I don’t think I’m alone when I look back at how much I complained about how we lost half of our summer to cool, rainy weather. Well, those days are gone. It is HOT outside. 92 and grossly humid. For ya’ll down south this is normal, but for us in the north, this is brutal.

But, it’s better than no summer at all right?

So I decided yesterday to spend a few hours by the Charles river with my book Midwives. My friend Elizabeth passed this book my way and I finally finished it yesterday. It was OK, not a favorite but good enough to finish. And for all you Oprah fans out there, it was one of her book club books. I am not a big fan of her, but I read it anyway.

IMG_2533  IMG_2534

IMG_2535 IMG_2536

No I’m not naked. Ever since I got my new bra I’ve been able to break out all of my tube tops that I’ve neglected all summer. I was trying to be super cool about taking my own picture and felt so silly that I put the camera away and left shortly after. I didn’t want to be that person.

It’s nice sometimes to take a step back and just relax. It’s something that I’ve always had a hard time doing. I might be a procrastinator and a wee bit lazy sometimes, but I honestly don’t give myself enough time to just relax. Part of finding balance is taking time to stop.
We all need to take time to appreciate where we are. Right now. Today. Don’t even plan it, just do it. It doesn’t have to be long…whether it’s a quick yoga session, a walk around the block, reading a good book or just taking a few minutes to listen to your favorite song, we all need to remember to breathe.

So go do it and then tell me what you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment