Thursday, August 27, 2009

The joys of moving

Wondering where I’ve been?

IMG_0007

IMG_0008

IMG_0009

IMG_0010

At least Marley could get some sleep.
We’ve spent the last two nights sleeping on the third floor studio in the house of our new apartment. We have way more stuff than showed in the pictures but they are spread out between all three floors of this house. Long story short, we had to leave our last apartment, which was absolutely beautiful and lovely, because our landlords refused to let us live there on a month-to-month basis while we figured out job situations. After a year of keeping their condo neat and clean, paying our rent on time every month, dealing heating bills of $450 in November, $500 in December and $550 January and February, (not to mention Dennis and the 6 weeks he spent in the hospital and 8 weeks he spent recovering…since that’s a completely different story) and a broken heater in the back bathroom that caused us to lose 2 months of its use, we were told we had to move somewhere else. That’s OK though, you see, because I believe everything happens for a reason. We don’t know what that is yet but we will sooner or later.  Selfishness and greed only gets you so far in life my friends, and my landlords will be reaping what the sew at some point.

And I’ve also found that my fool proof steel cut oats recipe has failed me. I had to use this microwave to make breakfast in this temporary situation:

IMG_0011

It’s probably 25 years old and nothing I told you guys to do for the perfect bowl of oats worked. 50% power on here barely warmed my bowl. I guess I learned my lesson there too—every microwave (and bowl) is different. But for the most part it has worked on nearly every newer modeled microwave I’ve used, so that’s a plus right?

We will be moving out of the studio this evening and will be very glad to sleep in our own bed, have a hot shower, and unpack what we can so I can cook again. I’m very grateful to have a roof over my head, but I also can’t wait to get back into a place of my own.

Until the next move….

No comments:

Post a Comment