Friday, September 11, 2009

Certified peanut butter freak

First and foremost—I would like to say God bless our troops and the families of those we’ve lost on this tragic day 8 years ago.  This is a somber day, but also a day to remember. Never Forget   9-11-01.

Back to the blog…

I’m back from apartment hunting and I’m exhausted! I had a crazy busy week running around looking for our newest NOVA address, and so far, we’re still homeless.
Let me tell you – this process is insane. I feel like I’m looking for a house…between the paperwork that needs to be filled out, bidding wars, running back and forth with the Realtor trying to get to a place before someone else does….crazy stuff. We had a place in mind on Tuesday evening and by Wednesday morning it was already taken. That called for another crazy day of driving around and staking my claim.
We put a deposit down on a cute 2BR townhouse and are waiting for the application and credit check to go through. This process takes 3-5 business days (!!!!) which means we might not find anything out until the day before we need to move!  AAHH!!!  So, the best we can do is be patient and keep ourselves busy until we hear any news. We’ve had a bottle of champagne sitting in our fridge for over a year now (gross I know) waiting to be opened for something to celebrate. Even though we' probably won’t drink it, we really hope to be able to pop that bottle open SOON!

On to the peanut butter!!

There are certain staples that I must have in my house in order to start my day off right. I mean, it would be a tragedy if I didn’t have one of these items…it’s like a puzzle to make my breakfast complete.

  1. Peanut Butter (not just any PB, my All Natural Crunchy Teddie peanut butter…what am I going to do when we move??)
  2. Oatmeal. Steel cut AND regular rolled oats so I can choose depending on my mood
  3. Soy milk
  4. Bananas (or peaches since it’s peach season)
  5. Flax
  6. Coffee!!!! (no explanation needed)
  7. Agave nectar (a small amount for my coffee)
  8. Cinnamon for both my coffee and my oats. It’s a great way to add flavor to so many different types of food. Love it!

IMG_0164

IMG_0166 

The flax seed is a golden roasted and it’s by far my favorite. It’s only $2.99 at Trader Joe’s and it lasts me at least a month. I only use a tbsp at a time so it goes far.

IMG_0167
My coffee is also from Trader Joe’s. I usually get Sumatra but they were out, so I had to get Dark French Roast. I like them both but I do like the Sumatra better.

This is just for my breakfast folks. If one of these is missing…ok it’s not a TRAGEDY but my breakfast is not complete without these 8 ingredients.  What brought this on? Because I realized last night that I didn’t have any peanut butter or  bananas,  and I was just about out of soymilk. Since I was traveling all week I just wanted one of my staple bowl of oats. So I ran out to the store at 10 p.m. to buy them. Yes it’s that serious. 
What staple foods do you have to have in your house? Is there one meal that must be eaten the same everyday like me and my oatmeal?

I like the fact that I can eat this for breakfast either before I go to work or AT work since there’s a microwave around in most office settings. My last boss got a kick out of my morning routine and my desk full of “staples” at work.

My plan for the next few days is spend as much time enjoying Boston as possible before we say goodbye. Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment