Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Major spinner’s high

Hello!
I can hardly believe it’s already September. Don’t get me wrong: I love the weather we’ve been getting. Fall rocks! But my goodness, the summer’s almost over. <sigh> Despite the perfect weather (72, sunny and dry!) I decided that I needed a stress relieving workout. But I didn’t want to run with that much force for fear I might overdo it with the foot. So, I went back to an old love….spin class.

When I found out about my IT band problem 3 months ago, I was told to stay away from spinning. Although I was spinning twice, sometimes three times a week, I was kind of relieved because I wasn’t enjoying it as much as I usually do…probably because I was feeling a strange “I wanna pop out of socket” feeling from my knee during my classes. I figured after I got my knee back under control, and after I ran my 15K, I’d go back to spinning.
Then I hurt my foot.
So it’s been about 3 months since I’ve spun. And boy did I miss it. I rocked the crap out of that class!! And I felt so good when I was done.

Then I came home to make a kick ass dinner  (well, kind of)

Dennis wanted Indian for dinner so I ordered Tandoori Salmon and instead of eating it with rice, I grilled up some mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. Yum yum yum.

IMG_0024

IMG_0025

So good! I liked the tandoori because it’s not cooked with a lot of sauce. It’s baked in the clay oven with traditional spices and marinated in plain yogurt, so it’s a much healthier way to eat Indian.

I was on a spinner’s high for the rest of the evening after that class. It wasn’t quite like a runner’s high but it was pretty darn close. Nothing makes me feel better than a sweaty cardio session when I need to let out some nervous aggression.

Why aggression? Well, I might have an announcement to make about our future. No, not an engagement, but we have a job prospective that might call for a move south. I’ll keep ya’ll posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment