Sunday, September 6, 2009

Northern VA and a decaf latte

It’s been a long day, but I made it to my hotel in Northern VA. I have to be honest, so far, I’m not impressed. I’ve seen a lot of strip malls, chain restaurants, gas stations and apartment/townhouse complexes and that’s about it. I’m in the major suburbs right now (only 13 miles out of DC?!?!) and I don’t really like it. But I have a few days. Tomorrow I’m going to drive around Alexandria and Springfield, two of the areas we were told to check out (I've been to Alexandria before and I loved it.) I know I’d like it there, so I’m trying to line up a handful of places to look at so I can start checking them out tomorrow.

So you know when you’re in unfamiliar grounds and you need some normalcy? Well, my normalcy was Starbucks. It’s the only place I know where I can get a cup of coffee and no matter what state I’m in, it will taste the same. Yeah yeah yeah, that’s how corporate works…but it’s one part of the corporate world I really enjoy. 
But what made it even BETTER was that it’s fall…which means Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back! Oh how I love me some pumpkin ANYTHING—especially the pumpkin spice latte. But since it was already 8 p.m. I figured it would be best if I got a decaf (even though caffeine doesn’t really keep me from falling asleep anymore.) It made me so happy to drink it, although honestly, I could taste the difference between decaf and regular. Big time. But it was still good!

IMG_0117
No I don’t get paid for talking about Starbucks. It would be nice if I did…

I’ve decided that I can only run 2 miles at a time now…I did 20 minutes (2 miles) on the elliptical yesterday and followed it up with 2 miles (18 minutes) on the treadmill and I was struggling. My legs hurt, my knee hurt, and I just felt sluggish. I can’t figure out why, but I guess it was because I used the elliptical first? Although I really wanted to use the hotel gym when I got here (being in the car for 5 hours was hard for me) I gave myself today off since I’ve been driving for two days and my knee was aching yesterday. Ugh.

Anyway, it’s been a long day so I’m out. More to come from my apartment excursion tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to find an apartment with three bedrooms: yours and Dennis, a guest room, and your fat cat's own room. ;) How in the world are you going to have poor Marley travel hours and hours when y'all officially move?

    ReplyDelete