Monday, November 30, 2009

Cauliflower rice (you will not regret having this in your brain)

This is a really easy recipe. I couldn’t believe it worked and to be honest, I can’t believe how well it turned out. I will definitely continue to play around with this recipe to see how far I can stretch it.

I will say that the only complaint I have is that it is really stinky when you cook it..so if you have sensitive noses in your house, beware. Other than that, it’s pretty damn good!

Chop up a raw head of cauliflower. I cut mine in quarters and used a quarter at a time.

Place in food processor.

Blend until it gets this consistency (about 30-45 seconds maybe?) 

 cauliflower rice food processor

Place in a microwave safe bowl with a lid and microwave for about 5 minutes. DO NOT add water.

Fluff and add whatever ingredients you want. It’s kind of like tofu; it takes on the flavor of whatever you add. (I added onions below)

cauliflower rice 1JPG

Cauliflower Burrito (like Chipotle’s)

Add 1/2 cup of beans (black, pink, red, whatever you like) to cauliflower rice and microwave for 5 minutes (or cook on the stove for all those peeps out there (HEAB) who hate the microwave)

Cook up a wrap of your choice in a pan. I used this one:

smart and delicious tortilla 
I’m not necessarily a low carb girl but this one has 3 grams of fat, 7 grams of protein and only 80 calories per wrap. Some wraps are full of fat and have like 300 calories, which is why I go wrapless at Chipotle’s.

Then add salsa (I actually made some homemade salsa but you can use whatever kind you want) avocado, and whatever else you want (cheese, sour cream, plain yogurt, whatever)

 

cauliflower rice fajita 1

Roll or eat with a fork.

cauliflower rice wrap

You will not regret eating this. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum yum! I didn't know Chipotle made a cauliflower burrito? I'll have to try this one at home.

    ReplyDelete