Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Look what I came home to

Today was day 2 of my new job and I was invited to view Ice! at Gaylord National. I will have to give you a full post tomorrow on this because I have pictures coming to me.

I had left my phone in the car, and after being out all evening without calling Dennis, I was worried he might have thought I was dead on the side of the road or something. As soon as I got in my car I checked to see if he had called. I saw a text and a voicemail and just assumed they were from him, but when I called he said, “Oh I just sent you a text like 5 minutes ago…you’re almost home? OK. See you in a few…”

That’s strange, I figured he’d be worried about me. Whatever. He must have thought I was in good hands.

Until I walked in the house and saw this:

IMG_0011

THAT’S why he wasn’t worried about me!

But that’s OK, because after showing me his new toy, he gave me mine:

IMG_0012

My last camera was a Power Shot SD600 and I loved it. But one day out of nowhere, the damn thing just stopped working. We had been talking about getting a camera that had more manual functions, but knew we couldn’t afford to buy the Rebel EOS I’ve been wanting. This camera was kind of a step in that direction: A step up from a point and shoot camera but not as fancy as the Rebel. I’m really excited! Now I can go back to taking my own pictures and not relying on everyone else!

Here’s a picture of my after-Ice! viewing snack:

IMG_0008

Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin cereal. I only took this so I can see how well my Macro setting works. I think it came out great!

I have yet to play Wii…ever. Everyone I speak to thinks I’m insane but I’ve never gotten into it. I’ve been home for almost an hour and a half and have yet to play it—I’ve been too busy playing with my new camera. However, we do have Wii Fit stuff, so maybe I’ll get into that. We’ll see. I honestly just don’t want to get addicted to it. The last thing I need is to have another thing to keep me inside. (at least it gets you off your ass, I’ll have to say that much)

Do you have a Wii? Are you addicted to it? Ugh….I see some Rock Band in our future…

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay for new camera!!! You must report on the wii fit. Why not some yoga when the weather is poopy? : )

    ReplyDelete