Monday, November 9, 2009

Watch out Amy

I love split pea soup, but the thought of messing around with a ham bone has never been appealing to me. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some meat, but I never liked dealing with it. So although I enjoy making my own food, I’ve never made split pea soup. Until last night.

I’ve been relying on Amy’s Organic Split Pea Soup (which, by the way, is very tasty)

Amy's organics split pea soup

But I have to say, mine is much better.

(remember I still don’t have a new camera yet so work with me here)

1109091615

I don’t know how I stumbled upon this blog, probably through HEAB or Polly, but I found an amazing recipe for my wonderful pea soup on 101 Cookbooks. If I would have known that making split pea soup was so easy, I would never have depended solely on the can (or my mom’s)

Click HERE for the recipe from 101 Cookbooks. If you like split pea soup, you will LOVE this. So simple, so healthy.

In other news:

  • I broke down on a major highway in the middle of rush hour traffic last Thursday (so much fun) and found out that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with my car. Long story short, I was over heating. I stopped and put some anti-freeze in it, but it was still overheating afterward. When I got home, (four hours later) my gauge seemed to stabilize but it was still in the red. Friday morning, the mechanic can’t replicate the problem. Strange.
  • The Yankees won the World Series!!
  • I met up with some old friends from high school on Saturday and it was awesome. I hadn’t seen one of them in almost 15 years (how OLD does that make us?) My car made the trip to Bethesda MD (only about 35 minutes away) and we had a great time catching up. We went to Cosi and holy cow they give you S’mores to make at your table. I haven’t had S’mores in years. It was the first time I ate a crazy dessert and didn’t feel one bit guilty or frustrated or hesitant. Good times with good friends and good freakin s’mores! We’ve already planned another get together. Isn’t social media amazing?

Me, megan and Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment