Monday, February 8, 2010

Dealing with Cabin Fever

So we had about 2 feet dumped on us this weekend, and I was fortunate enough to have the day off from work. (Well, kind of. I had to work from home.)
But we’re gearing up for another snow storm; 8-12 more inches to start tomorrow afternoon into Wednesday.

Awesome.

I got the call that I have to report to work tomorrow, but we’re planning on closing early since the snow is supposed to start in the early afternoon.

The only good thing about having to go into work tomorrow is that I’ll get to go to the gym.

So what’s a girl to do when she’s snowed in?

First, I made sure to shovel as much of my car out as possible without any help. I worked on it for about 2 hours total, and man did I work up a sweat.

Second, I decided to venture out this morning for a run. Well, if you can call it that. I ran only on the sidewalks that were cleared (so my run was only about 2 miles) but the were 2 tough miles since I had to climb over huge snow piles to get from one sidewalk to the other. At one point, I actually ran through a path of somewhat shoveled snow, which was actually the most fun part of my run!

IMG_0219

I walked by this snowman and it made me laugh.

IMG_0221

I had every intention of taking more pictures but the zipper on my vest was stuck so I couldn’t get it out. Bummer!

I was so excited for the Superbowl yesterday that I had 2 beers! I know, I know…2 beers is nothing. But it’s more than I’ve had in a long, long time.

We made our own chicken wings, homemade pizza with fresh mozzarella, red onions, and baby bellas.

 IMG_0218  IMG_0217

And a cheese and crackers spread.

IMG_0214 
This blue cheese we used was SO.GOOD.

IMG_0215

It wasn’t huge, there were only three of us, but it was yummy and fun.

And I just got word that I have tomorrow off from work. Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Your wings and pizza look good. I should've hung out with you and Dennis to watch the superbowl. You under the influence of two beers must've been funny to watch. Looks like you made a snow angel in that one picture. I hope you and Dennis get another day off with this next storm coming your way. Stay warm and safe.

    --Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so strange to read all about that snow when we are in the middle of summer in Australia!
    ooooh and that pizza looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete