Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reconnecting

This week, I reconnected with an old love:


My have I missed my oats. Thank you HEAB for reminding me that these are availabe. Overnight oats? My breakfast love. So glad to have you back.

It's been two full days since I've been to the gym and I have to say I'm feeling pretty good. I almost got up to run this morning but I feel like one more day will do me better. My body is definitely thanking me for taking this break so far. I thought for sure it would be a challange mentally but it's actually been a relief. You know how sometimes you feel like you know you need to do somoething but you're afraid? Whether it's fear of change or fear of repercussion? That's how I felt. I am working on reconnecting my love for running and achieving my goal toward 13.1.

Oh and another thing I'm reconnecting with is girl time. I went over to a friend's house for dinner last night. I spent two hours laughing with two of my newest girlfriends and it definitely helped to brighten my week. This is something I wouldn't have done two weeks ago since I like being in bed with my bags packed and breakfast/lunch made by 8 so I can be in bed by 9. This is something I need to change, and it started last night.

Enjoy your day and try reconnecting with something you've been neglecting. It will make you smile, promise!

1 comment: