Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays

If I had to choose a day to stay home sick from work, it most definitely should have been today rather than yesterday. It’s been rainy and dreary all day today; a definite stay home under the covers type of day. Sometimes I don’t mind the rain but today’s rain included flooding which made traveling around the DC Metro area even more of a mess. Imagine that?

Besides the crappy commute, I am feeling better today. Still a little crampy but better. I even managed to get on the dreadmill today. I did a 30 minute hill walk workout with 5 pound weights. It looked a little something like this:

Minutes 0-5: Warm up 4.0 mph on 5% incline
Minutes 5-10: 4.0 mph, with a bump up on the incline by 1% every minute up to 10%
Minutes 10-20: One minute intervals at 10% incline – 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
Minutes 20-25: 4.0 mph, with a bump up on the incline by 1% every minute up to 10%
Minutes 25-28: Cool down, 4.0 on a 5% incline
Minutes 28-30: 3.5 at 5% incline

Who says you can’t get a good sweaty workout walking on the treadmill?

image

image
I was trying to get a close up so you can see the sweat….

This was the perfect workout since I still am not 100%. I didn’t want to overdo it.

I just got my official bib number for the Army 10 Miler and realized that I haven’t run more than 5 miles since 4th of July weekend so I need to get my butt in gear. The race is October 24.

And then I came home and ate this:

image

Turkey taco salad. Minus the chips (although I did end up throwing a few in there) But this bad boy was GOOD. A ton of lettuce, avocado, fresh salsa and 99% fat free turkey with a taco seasoning that Dennis threw together. This is definitely one of our “go to” meals. Quick, easy, and healthy.

Do you have a go-to meal that you know you can always count on?

2 comments:

  1. Love this taco salad!!!
    And I know what you mean about the rain - it has been raining every day this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dreadmill workouts are not fun at beginning but then you feel so much better after!
    Go to meal for us is eggs and toast!

    ReplyDelete